Some recent facts from the Yale Project on Climate Change Communication:
* Most Americans (77%) say global warming should be a “very high”, “high”, or “medium” priority for the president and Congress. [readon]
* Most Americans (92%) say the president and the Congress should make developing sources of clean energy a “very high”, “high”, or “medium” priority.
* Most Americans (88%) say the U.S. should make an effort to reduce global warming, even if it has economic costs.
* More Americans than ever before (25%) say they “always” or “often” walk or bike instead of driving.
* Most Americans (57%) are now using energy-saving compact fluorescent light bulbs.
* About one in ten (11%) have contacted a government official about global warming by letter, email, or phone, and 15% have volunteered or donated money to an organization working to reduce global warming.